Friday, February 10, 2012

30 years old, really?!

30 years old, can you believe it?  Jeremy turned 30 years old this year.  That's one of those milestones that makes you think...hmm...we're actually getting older each year aren't we?  Not just the girls.  He doesn't really care for large celebrations, so we kept it low key.  Jeremy and I went out to dinner at Texas de Brazil a couple of days before, and I have to say...yummy!  It's one of those all-you-can-eat meat-off-the-skewer type places, and the food did not disappoint.  The salad bar was divine and the cheesecake for dessert...oh ya, delicious! 

For our family party we had to start by making Jeremy's cake.  I saw these LEGO cakes on Pinterest and decided to give it a shot.  (why the rotation?  I've never had this problem before..oh well).

About that same time Jeremy informed me that his favorite cake is black forest.  How come I didn't know that before?  The trick with making a black forest cake in the shape of a LEGO is that you are supposed to use cool whip for the frosting and I didn't think it would hold it's form well enough.  The other trick to using cool whip is that I wanted to color the frosting bright vibrant LEGO colors, and the cool whip didn't take it too well.  Just adding a little food coloring dramatically changes the flavor, and not in a good way.  Cambrie and I were testing the red frosting when we discovered that.  We both started gagging and trying to get the bitter taste off our tongues.  After our taste buds finally calmed down we looked in the mirror and realized that the frosting had turned our tongues and teeth a very bright shade of pink.  That's when we decided to stick with white, and the yellow one was paler than expected.  But it was still tasty and Jeremy was very surprised. 

For some reason I couldn't find any candles, so Jeremy lit kabob sticks.  They were flaming at least! 


For his presents Cambrie wrapped up two of her toy dogs to give to him.  That was a surprise.  

He also got a shaving mirror, exciting but necessary, I know. 

A sweet Chuck Norris joke shirt. 

And the grand daddy of gifts, a ProSport Hero 2.  Now Jeremy can make all those crazy videos of flips, twists and turns on the ski hill and mountain biking trail.  He has loved it so far.  I failed to get a finale pictures of all his gifts at once, because he jumped to the computer immediately to begin playing with his new toy.  I would consider that a successful birthday.  Happy 30th Hun!    

No comments: