Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cambrie's new "Do"

Today while I was about half-way through trimming Cambrie's hair, she told me that she wanted me to cut her hair all the way up to her neck.  I stopped cutting and just to clarify, asked her if she wanted all of it really short.  She said yes.  She wanted her hair to look like Kit's.  Since we weren't doing anything else today I decided, "What the heck?"  So we scheduled an appointment at Pigtails & Crewcuts and hopped in the car for Cambrie's first real hair cut.  This is her "before" picture, but remember I had just cut off two inches already.

We walked into the store and Cambrie got even more excited than before.  There were cars you could sit in to have your hair cut, Ratatouille was playing, and there were toys everywhere.  Her stylist totally treated Cambrie like a little lady.  She let her choose where to sit, asked her how old she was and what she liked to do, and then asked her how she wanted her hair cut.  I was a little surprised that the stylist didn't ask me for my opinion first, but looking back I'm glad she treated Cambrie with so much respect.  Once Shawn had finished interviewing Cambrie she gave a quick, "Does that sound right Mom?" before getting to work. 

I was crossing my fingers that Cambrie would still like her short hair after it had all been cut off and once reality set in.  It was a relief seeing her smile at her reflection when she was done.  To top it all off, Shawn also sprayed some gold glitter in her hair and on her arms to make her smile after she was done.  Cambrie kept touching her hair and smiling every time she saw her reflection. 

Since it's too short for pony tails now I took her to the store to let her choose the clips she'll be wearing in her hair instead.  She told me that now her fake teeth are out and she has short hair, her friends won't recognize her because she looks like a new person.  I think she's a cute little person and she looks so grown up!