I know it sounds crazy, but I enjoy taking my girls to their well-visits at the doctor's office. I love knowing how they're progressing and how they're growing. McKenzie hasn't been to a well-visit since we left Philly, and that's a really long time for a baby. I've been anxiously awaiting the time when we had insurance and could actually go get her checked out.
Not surprisingly, she's doing great. She's knows what she needs to know and is growing up way too fast. She knows three words now: bah-bah (banana), mamamama (mom), and oh (uh-oh for when things fall). She likes to feed herself, tries to put on her shoes, brushes her hair, dances whenever she hears music, and loves dragging her blankets around the house. Now that she's one, I was wondering if it she was heavy enough to switch her to a forward-facing car seat. She doesn't particularly like the car anymore and it would be a nice change for her. But, my little munchkin is just too little. She weighs 17 lbs, 3.2 oz, and is 27 1/2 in. long. That puts her in the 3rd percentile for weight, and the 5th for height. She's always been small, so I guess I have nothing to worry about. It's just such a change from my chunky Cambrie who hung out at the 90th and 75th percentile for awhile. So her front-facing car seat will have to wait.
McKenzie also got her one-year immunizations and was a little trooper. She looked confused for the first shot, then screamed for the remaining shots. But as soon as I picked her up she started playing with my necklace and thought it was the silliest thing ever. She would throw her head back and just laugh and laugh. The nurses thought it was hysterical. When we got home I couldn't resist taking a picture of her neon bandages on her legs. Don't they make it look like she went through something more traumatic than immunizations?
No comments:
Post a Comment