Just so you know, in another life I would like to be a cowgirl. I have always felt this way. I love going to rodeos. I love the thrill of watching the cowboys ride for their lives. I love the rodeo clowns. I love the unexpected behaviors of the rodeo animals that keeps me on the edge of my seat. I've secretly wanted a pair of cowgirl boots my entire life, and I love the fact that Cambrie has darling pink ones. I think rodeo queens have really cute outfits. I think cowboys are very attractive. I absolutely love country dancing. And there's something about farm life that appeals to me. Unfortunately, I don't live near a farm. I know nothing about riding horses. My hair will never be as big as a rodeo queen's. And I'm actually allergic to horses, hay, cows, dogs, wool, and all other smells that go along with country life. So the chances of it happening are zilch. But I can still dream right?
Kyle and his wife Rachel invited us to join them for the rodeo at the National Western Stock Show. I was so excited when I found out. I wore the closest thing I have to cowgirl boots, buckled up the girls, picked up Jeremy from work, and headed down to the coolest cowboy party in Colorado. The rodeo was a lot of fun. Even though our seats were as high as you could possibly get, we still had a great view of the action. Cambrie liked learning about each event and watched the show for a long time considering she's three. When the mutton busting came out, Jeremy and I tried to convince her that she should do it next year and win a trophy that was literally taller than the she is. But she didn't think that falling off a sheep sounding like a very good idea. She did however want to be a cowgirl. She thought they looked beautiful and couldn't take her eyes off them.
When the rodeo was over we took some time to look around the exhibition hall. I'm afraid I can't recall with perfect clarity exactly how everything was laid out and what was there. By then the allergies had attacked and I was seriously lacking oxygen. All I really remember is that it was huge! There's no way we could have seen it all during one visit. We found the kids' corner and Cambrie played on some playground equipment, she played with wheat seeds, she wanted to ride the ponies, and she came home with a sand creation. I'm glad we went and I think we had a good time. I just wish I could share some better stories...but oxygen deprivation is not the best thing for memory recollection.
3 comments:
Dear Annette,
Clearly we must go boot shopping together since we share this dream of having cowboy boots.
Love,
Hannah
Man! I learned something totally new about you.:) Now I can picture you walking around to the theme song Dixie Chicks' "Cowboy Take Me Away"...
Oh no! that is too bad you have allergies to all that stuff b/c I think you'd make the cutest Rodeo Queen! Maybe you can take shots or something?? You live in the perfect place to pursue this dream!!
Post a Comment