Wednesday, June 5, 2024

HXP Surf and Turf

The surfing was pretty good.  The water was really rough because there were still swells from the storms earlier.  I caught a few.  It was really crowded.  (There are plenty of videos but no still shots of Cambrie surfing).

There was a punching bag in that room.  I punched it.  Got some tips from Dan.  Wetsuits are so itchy.  there was sand and mine smelled back because it was older.  It was tight, but it was looser.  When I put on my wetsuit I ripped out my earring and never found it so that made me sad.  The wetsuit triggered all of my sensory issues.  0/10 wetsuit experience.



\


Group shot before we hit the waves.

Found a few good shells on teh beach.  And then we munched lunch.  We had a debate, which was better: California or Colorado.  No one won.  The Colorado peeps were trying to convince the California peeps that we call it "Colo."  Everyone believed it until we told them as we were boarding the plane for our flight home.  Poor Hazel.





It was fun to chuck yourself down the sand dunes.  I rolled for like fifty yards.  I only stopped because I decided to stop.  I was so dizzy when I stood up.  It was so scary to just run down the hill.  I almost tripped and fell but I didn't!  At the bottom there was a grassy area where we walked around and had an adventure before walking back up.  We buried Hazel, Sara and Tanner and gave them mermaid tails like on the beach.  That was fun.




Doing backflips off the top.

No comments: