Thursday, July 20, 2023

The Barbie Movie

I was never really a Barbie fanatic growing up.  I think I may have had one...maybe.  But when I first saw the preview for the Barbie movie I knew it was going to be fun.  The girls and I had watched the release date knowing we would go together but were still surprised when we realized that we could go see the movie the night before the official release.  So we threw on the pinkest items in our closet before running out the door.  


The previews didn't give us any idea of what the plot line was, but that didn't matter.  It ended up being a movie of so many levels; capitalism, patriarchy, women supporting women, believing in yourself, and just silly fun. I loved it.  I am also loving these chances I have to hang out with my girls :) 

 

No comments: