It's funny how covid still pops up occasionally and disrupts our lives. I realized that the boys haven't had swimming lessons in at least three years because of covid pool restrictions. Kelton has had a lot of practice at activity days so he isn't completely helpless, but I really didn't know how far he could swim. Daxton is the same way. Can he float? I don't know. Can he swim to the edge of the pool? I have no idea. I actually paid attention to the registration deadline and signed the boys up for lessons all summer long. I also committed to taking them to the pool other days during the week to keep working on their skills. Well, we are halfway through the summer and I love what I am seeing. Kelton can swim all the way down the pool doing either freestyle or backstroke. He is also a champion at treading water. Daxton is still working on his side breathing but can swim across the width of our neighborhood pool doing freestyle, and can kick on his back the whole width also. We are still working on his backstroke arms. I knew they could do it, we just needed to practice.
I've really enjoyed spending all this time at the pool this summer. Maybe we should make it a habit.

Kelton and I were surprised to see that his handprint is still at the rec center from when he was in preschool five years ago!


No comments:
Post a Comment