Remember how I said we didn't have much time in Yellowstone? Well, get ready for a whirlwind kind of day. First stop, mud volcano. I had hoped that the kids wouldn't complain too much about the smell of sulfur because of their masks and because bubbling mud pot are cool. Not so. The masks helped, but they couldn't wait to get away from the mud volcano area.

Sour Lake. Even though nothing was growing in this area, it still had a sort of surreal beauty to it.
I thought this was a fun stories. The boys ran by so fast I didn't get a chance to tell it to them. At the end of the trail they dashed back to the car and also didn't see Dragon Mouth's spring. The sounds like came from inside of the cave totally sounded like a dragon's lair!
Churning cauldron. This is where they really started going crazy about the smell. HA!
A view over mud valley. At least you can see Kelton's smile!
I am no geologist, but isn't this cool? Nature is pretty amazing.


No comments:
Post a Comment