Cambrie decided that she wanted to be 13. How dare she be old enough to be a teenager! In some ways my mind is having a really hard time wrapping around the fact that she is officially...a teenager... On her birthday morning Jeremy and I trapped her in her room with a wall of balloons. It didn't take that much effort for her to escape, but it was sure was fun watching!


She was greeted by a cup of peach rings and a pile of presents she couldn't open yet.

Jeremy had to work on Friday so to keep things fun, we had her invite over a friend. Sierra came over and spent the whole day with Cambrie. I took them out to lunch, then to Hobby Lobby and finally Crumbl Cookies.

Those girls could live at Hobby Lobby. I sat in the front while they shopped for project ideas (a weird milestone by the way). After nearly 45 minutes I went in after them. It was not easy getting them out of that store! They were distracted by so many fun crafting things. They picked up some supplies and we went home.


They spent the rest of the afternoon being awesome and making things. Cambrie had made this doll the night before, and they made a whole wardrobe for her. They also created more furniture for her miniature house she's working on.

The next day we were able to finish celebrating Cambrie's birthday. She really wanted to go antique shopping for her family activity. McKenzie and I joined her and we browsed through three different antique stores in Lafayette. We ended up coming home with a giant safety pin, a tissue box disguised and a stack of books, and printing press letters that spelled out Cambrie's name. While we were gone Jeremy worked on her cake. She requested a snake cake, and Jeremy delivered. The snake looked absolutely fantastic! It was a little bit of a shame cutting into it and eating it.



Finally Cambrie could open those presents that had been starting at her all weekend. Kelton gave her a new mad scientist rubber duck, and McKenzie gave her a sloth mug.

Jeremy gave her a tool box (so she stops stealing his).

And I gave her a paint by number kit like mine.

She also chose a new bike. We had to buy an adult frame fro her, and it will probably be the last bike we buy her while she lives at home. Crazy! I'm just so proud of the smart and beautiful girl she's growing into. Happy 13th birthday Cambrie!

No comments:
Post a Comment