Good morning UK! I brought my bike out so I can do training rides while I'm here. Luckily for me, Jeremy and Bruce wanted to accompany me on my first ride, which I'm very grateful for. Between riding on the other side of the road, narrow shoulders, roundabouts, winding roads, and getting lost, I was very glad to have company. Our goal was a nature preserve. We did really well not getting lost until we were just about a mile from our destination. After three miles more of riding we realized we had somehow turned around 180 degrees and were now heading home. Oh well! We took advantage of the detour and rode passed Hampton Court and Bushy Park. We ended up with a little more than 30 miles of riding and it felt great.
When we came home the kids were all ready for an adventure too. We loaded everyone up, packed some snacks and headed down to Stonehenge. It was a long, rainy drive and we were all very excited to get out of the car but I think the kids thought the drive was worth it. McKenzie helped Jeremy and I try to pull one of the stones. According to the pull-o-meter, it would only take 80 of us to actually move it.
While we walked around the stones we learned about where the stones came from, a little about why they were there, and a lot about the other surrounding sites related to Stonehenge.
Truthfully though, the kids were still a bit off from our flight and it was tough getting everyone to smile, so instead we did real-life pictures of goofy faces, shoulder rides, and Cambrie being dragged off to the sacrifice stone.
After we had our fill of ancient ruins we drove into Salisbury for some fish and chips. Unfortunately the place Bruce and Leesa wanted to take us to was closed for the day so we ate at the Cloisters instead.
Don't worry, we only took one wrong turn around a one-way roundabout. Save yourselves!
This place definitely had character. The wood inside dates back to 1250. Holy moly that's old wood. Cambrie tried lamb shank for her first time, Kelton slept through dinner, Daxton kept trying to escape, and McKenzie decided that cheese on toast with to-mah-to soup was pretty tasty.
We explored the town on our way home and thought that the cathedral and surrounding city wall were just so picturesque we had to snap some photos through the car windows.

See how much Daxton enjoyed the view?





No comments:
Post a Comment