I have accepted the fact that with four kids my house will never be perfect. My house isn't a disaster, but there is always something going on. Today however...sigh...oh my...I think I need to change my definition of losing my mind. We drove back from St. George late last night, which means today I need to unpack and get some general organizational things done. I decided to start by checking my email for those lists of important dates I'm receiving from school for end-of-year activities. I was feeling pretty good about combing through those emails and then I found my living room looking like some strange destroyed lost boys fort. At least the boys were keeping each other entertained...most of the time. I still had to calm down a screaming, pouting Daxton during my time on the computer.
Laundry is also high on my Monday, post-trip to-do list. Instead of being laundry helpers, the boys are literally throwing the clothes onto the floor, behind the bed, and burrowing under my sheets. I'm so glad I made my bed today...what a waste. I gave up folding laundry and thought I'd take care of it when I didn't have any extra "help."
Lunch time! Finally! After lunch I can put Daxton down for a nap and actually get some things done. Lunch is done and I'm doing dishes when I hear a crash. The kids' craft cupboard exploded onto the floor, with quite a bit of help from Daxton. Well...at least the dishes were clean.
By now I'm pretty tired of a toddler who is screaming, whining, clinging, and making messes every time I turn around. I'm simply trying to put out fires here, so I decide it's nap time. I take him upstairs and discover that I can't even walk across the floor. There's nothing to do at this point besides shut the door and walk away. Please oh please let tomorrow not be like today.




No comments:
Post a Comment