Yesterday we took advantage of another beautiful spring day and went hiking up near Boulder. We found the Pine-to-Peak Trail that was perfect for our little family. It was only 1.5 miles, but for Cambrie's short legs it was just right. Cambrie was excited to go hiking, but refused to have her picture taken so we had to trick her into every one.
While it was nice and sunny, there was still some snow on the ground, it was a little muddy, and there was a very strong wind blowing on the west side of the mountain. It was at least a warm wind, but Cambrie kept yelling at it anyway telling it to stop blowing her hair in her face. The wind didn't listen. The hike was fairly scenic, and there was some great views, but the west side of the mountain was pretty bare. It looks like one of the fires that hit last year affected this mountain. There were charred trees littering the ground and it was kind of strange.
When we made it to the top there was a nice bench to sit on, but the wind was at its worst up here so we didn't stay.
Jeremy has a fascination for sliding down snow covered hills. He took Cambrie off the trail and slide with her down until the next switch back. I followed of course, but my balance was off because of McKenzie in the Bjorn. I'm just glad I didn't wipe out.
1 comment:
Cambrie is too dang cute hiking in cowgirl boots! i LOVE it! I'm super duper jealous of 1. the beautiful weather and 2. the mountains to hike in. The midwest definitely isn't a fav. of mine...you guys did good picking Denver! I might have to come visit you soon :)
Post a Comment