Cambrie is going through a stage where she wants to wash her own hair. If I don't supervise she'll first get her hair wet (but really only the ends get wet), she'll lather the shampoo (only on the very top of her head), and she'll rinse it out (once again, only the unwashed ends make it under water). So we're working on making sure that she washes it thoroughly, but I'm still blown away by the fact that she wants to do it by herself at all.
McKenzie has started drinking the water straight from the tub. Which normally just results in a lot of choking. Tonight the girls had a bubble bath (McKenzie's first), and she tried to drink the bubbles. She gave me quite the disgusted look as she came up, but she was still fascinated by those bubbles. She didn't know if she could touch them or not, and when she would reach for them she always seemed a little put out that she couldn't hold them in her hand. Once she got used to them she thought they were great and I had a hard time getting the girls out of the tub at all.
Whenever Cambrie gets out of the tub, she spends a long time drying off. If she's not perfectly dry she claims she's sticky and won't put on her panties or jammies. I've tried different tricks for getting her dry-or at least giving her the illusion she's dry enough to dress. But lately her preferred method of drying off is running around the room in circles. I just get dizzy watching her. A couple of nights ago she wanted to run around until her hair was dry....I had to bribe her with an extra bedtime story to get her to stop. I can't complain too much though, because it works and she dries off.
My bathtub spends a lot of time looking like this:
While I'm getting ready in the morning, McKenzie goes through my lower cabinets and pulls everything out of them. Sometimes she plays with my empty cosmetic bags and fills them with my hair gel, etc. Other times she drops her treasures into the tub to watch them roll around. I never know quite where to find my hair spray when I'm ready for it.
2 comments:
So cute! I love McKenzie's big grin. I'm also glad to know that Emily isn't the only one drinking & choking on nasty bath water or daily throwing a random assortment of items into the tub. I wish we were closer so they could have fun doing them together!
The picture of Cambrie running around her room should definitely be put in her wedding slide show. :) (Not like we should be thinking about that kind of stuff now- it's still far far away!)
Post a Comment