Sunday, May 30, 2010

Quarter of a Century

It's true! I'm a quarter of a century old today. When I put it in those terms it sounds like I'm ancient, but if I say I'm 25 it sounds a lot better. In fact, 25 seems just right. It's still young enough to have a good time and old enough to enjoy it. My birthday celebration started yesterday when Jeremy insisted that I open my presents a day early. When questioned why, he just said that I'd enjoy my presents more on Saturday than on Sunday. Okay, I don't mind presents! I opened my presents and found a new set of golf clubs from our parents! Seriously?! I was really excited and very surprised, but I think that Jeremy was more excited. He now has a permanent golfing partner. We took them out for the first time yesterday afternoon and I determined that I'm really not that bad. In fact, I'm pretty proud of the way I played. My scores ranged between 5-8 hits per hole. So while it was basically double-par, I'm pretty proud of it. I was a little nervous when we first stepped out onto the course because I haven't been golfing since my parents took me to Nordic Valley when I was 14. This time, instead of looking like a munchkin with clubs that were too big, I looked pretty official with my new clubs, shoes, glove, shirt, and TaylorMade hat. Now that I have all the gear, I have no excuse not to go with Jeremy. There are two more date nights before we leave, and I have a feeling that they are both going to be spent golfing. That's okay with me. I'm excited to get into the game. The rest of my birthday celebration was just right. The Primary kids sang "Happy Birthday" to me at church and made me smile. Jeremy made breakfast (Swedish pancakes...yum), dinner (roast and yummy rolls), and my cake (Better than kissing cake). And after church we partied by playing Twister outside. I really like that game. The best part of playing with only two people, is that the person not on the mat gets to call out whatever combination of hand and foot placements they want in order to get the person super twisted. Jeremy twisted me in five moves. Nice work. It was hard when Cambrie joined the game. She would crawl under you, climb on your back, or sit on your legs. She thought making us fall down was the best thing ever. We finished off the day by watching "Sleeping Beauty," (okay, Cambrie watched and we napped). I think it was a fantastic birthday. Thanks everyone for making it great!

7 comments:

Jessica and Reece said...

Hey Annette! I may have commented before, but if not, you should know that I love reading your blog and keeping up with your adventures. I love that picture of you and your girls! Happy birthday! (By the way, this is Jessica Rogers from high school)

Kendra Owens said...

Happy Happy birthday!!! Im not sure about all this growing up myself. :)

Ashley said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope we get to see you guys next time in Colorado! I will have to tell you though we CAN'T go golfing, it just doesn't run in my veins...at all. ;) But, on the bright side, I don't knw if you have been to Colorado much but you'll have TONS of gorgeous golf courses to play!!!

Kim said...

Sounds like your day was awesome! Happy birthday!

Brett and Lauren said...

I totally forgot that yesterday was your birthday... I should have said happy birthday today... SO i'll say happy birthday now :)

Camille Thurston said...

I love that picture of you and the girls!!!! It is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. Happy birthday sis! I love you so much and I'm glad we're once again in the same decade range.

jor said...

Cute twister pics! Glad you had such a great b-day!