Thursday, May 13, 2010

Graduation!

Congratulations Jeremy! After four years of running around the school, finding professors to sign his papers, scheduling patients, rescheduling patients, reserving chairs, sterilizing hand pieces, exploring lost rooms, and begging for denture patients, he graduated from Temple University Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry (talk about a mouthful). He still has a couple of credits to finish up, so it's not quite the end, but it sure felt official. It was a lot of work and I am so proud of him.

Here he is in his doctor robes. His only complaint is that they were lilac. Really? The school colors are white and crimson...anyway...he still looks handsome. During the ceremony: It's a good thing I wasn't the only one there with kids. It was a long ceremony for them to sit through quietly but it was worth it. The graduates were able to bring their kids up to the stage with them as they received their diplomas. Cambrie was a little shy but did all right. Hooray! After the ceremony: Jeremy and his buddies were just relieved to be done! Pictures with the proud parents and in-laws. A congratulatory kiss from the wife. And here we are with the Farnsworths. I wish we had a "before" picture from the beginning of our dental school lives together. We have shared a lot of memories here in Philadelphia together and will be so sad to see them go on Tuesday! The proud grad. Good work hun! You made it!

5 comments:

This is me! said...

Yeah, Jeremy!! What a great and worthy accomplishment! Hard work really does pay off.

Kim said...

Congratulations, Jeremy! That's so exciting. I love that after all that hard work, he's STILL smiling. I swear, you two are the happiest people I know!

Kate said...

Congrats!! I'm sure it feels great to be done with school forever!! Now onto real life!

jor said...

YAY! Congrats! You got some great pictures at the graduation. It was too hectic for me to think afterwards and I'm so sad to say we took one quick (and crappy) family shot and that is it. I love your new haircut too.

aubrie said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! I'm glad to hear that you are (almost) done!