Saturday, March 28, 2009
Lullabies by Cambrie
Cambrie's collection of bedtime songs has become quite unique. There are the classics: "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star," "I Am a Child of God," "Rock-a-by Baby," "Lullaby." But there are also her more inventive song requests, "ABC's," "If You're Happy and You Know It," and my favorite, "The Wheels on the Bus." This last song gets better every night. After I finish one verse I let her choose who (or what) we'll sing about next; the windows on the bus, the babies on the bus, the mommies on the bus, etc. Here is a list of verses she's requested the last few nights: mommy's eyes, mommy's eyebrows, mommy's microwave, Cambrie's elbow, Cambrie's purple baby, green water, Morgan's big puppy, yellow crackers, Lucy's mommy, and Cambrie's fingernails. She just gets a goofy grin on her face as I try to scramble together the verse and gets a real kick out of it. I wish I could remember them all, because each night there's something new :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh that's so funny & cute! What a ham!
How cute is that?:)
Oh man, that is so hilarious! I would love to hear what you come up with for those verses!
Post a Comment