Easter had a fun fun quirks this year that made it very enjoyable. The kids started out their morning with their basket hunt like normal. The clues took them all over the house and we enjoyed seeing the bunny prints in the street again. When they finally found them they were filled with fun little gadgets, puzzles, and do-dads. 




While they enjoyed relaxing with their baskets Jeremy and I were hard at work make Easter brunch for the missionaries. I've been more consistent feeding them every month and we love having them in our home. We feasted like we never had for breakfast before and talked about our Savior. Church was filled with music from our talented ward members and I was grateful for them for sharing their testimonies with us.
My kiddos ready for church.

After church we had another egg hunt. This was the high-stakes round. Jeremy hid a $100 egg, a couple $20 eggs, and some $1 eggs. The kids could only carry one egg at a time and only had ten minutes to find the prize. The girls were very motivated for this egg hunt.


At the end, no one found the grand prize so we gave the kid with the lowest amount a clue and a chance to find it. It happened to be Daxton and the one clue was enough for him to climb the tree and look in the abandoned bird nest up there. Cambrie was especially upset because she's always wanted to find an egg up there, and she could have used the gas money. That's fair. We have some kinks to work out with our high stake rules, but I think it was a blast.


Immediately afterwards we had to split up. Jeremy was taking the younger kids to Utah to visit their new little cousin, Rio. And Cambrie and I were headed to the airport to catch a flight to Phoenix. Even though Easter was a little busy, I loved it and I love my family so, so much.

No comments:
Post a Comment