Cambrie the prop artist is at it again. The spring musical at Legacy this year was Chicago. At first we didn't think it was going to be a very prop intensive show, but we were wrong. She had to make a 1920's video camera, find a still camera, typewriter, handkerchiefs, feather fans, notebooks, pencils, newspapers, and a dozen other small items that made the show shine. She loves being a part of this community, which is a good thing since she spent more hours with them these last two weeks than with anyone else in her life. Jeremy and I went on closing night and I was so impressed. The cast did a phenomenal job and I loved seeing her friends on stage. But I couldn't help but be a little biased and think that if it wasn't for Cambrie being so amazing at her job, the other kids wouldn't be able to shine like they did on stage. After the production the kids went and had a cast party. Cambrie came home with her poster full of signatures, kind notes, and admitted to crying at the thought of the show being done. I'm so proud of her creative mind and mad skills!

No comments:
Post a Comment