Monday, March 11, 2024

Anniversary ski trip

When one thinks of an anniversary ski trip, they typically think of a romantic getaway with just the two lovebirds.  We decided that we wanted to use that free day as our last family ski trip of the season instead.  Even though all six of us were on the mountain, we still had to be a little flexible. The girls drove up separately since they both had to be back that afternoon. When they pulled into the parking lot both girls were singing to their music at the top of their lungs.  They had a great time.  The weather was absolutely perfect: warm with no wind.  It was a Monday so there weren't even any crowds.  We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day.  (And why did I not get just one family picture?)  I was better with pictures in the afternoon once I realized my mistake.  I've noticed that between the ages of 8-10 my kids are fearless on the mountain.  That is great because it means the boys are so much fun to ski with right now.  They will tackle any run you through at them.  This is one of Daxton's favorite, Ripperoo's Forest. I wish I had that kid on a mic.  He was singing to himself as we skied through the freshest snow, "Fluffy, fluffy, double fluffy.  I like skiing in the fluffy," on repeat the whole way down the hill.  It was adorable.

 The boys also have a tendency to find every single side track off of the main run and follow wherever it leads.  Most of the time it leads them to a cliff they need to drop from to make it back on the main run.  Not once have they been too scared to make that drop back down.  Here they are headed onto one of their secret paths.  

For the first time this season we were able to go check out the new lift that opened this season, Bergman's Express.  It opens up at the top of the mountain in a great big bowl.  When it's windy, it can get pretty windswept.  But today there were enough coverage to keep it fun as we explored.  We found a natural half pipe, some trees and some trails.  We even found a great new black diamond run over on the far side that I would definitely ski again.  


The view from the top was gorgeous.  This gets to be our Happy 18th Anniversary photo this year.  


Back at home it was too late to go out to dinner, but I made a delicious salmon avocado salad that was just fancy enough for the occasion.  It was honestly a great way to spend our anniversary.  Love you hun.

No comments: