We love exploring when we go to our races. St. George is an excellent place for explorations, because there are simply so many choices! The first day Jeremy and I took the kids to Pioneer Park where the boys could work out some of their wiggles and scramble over some red rocks. As we were scrambling we found a little slot between two large rocks. When I say a little slot, I mean little. Jeremy and I had no hope of squeezing through it but the boys could both fit. Within the slot it opened up and the boys found a place to make a fort. I couldn't see anything about what that fort entailed, but it was shaded and away from the heat so they could play there as long as they wanted.



After they tired of the slot we scrambled some more.




So many king of the mountain poses!



On Friday my mom had a great location for a short little hike. The goal was a waterfall at the end (if there was still water), but if there wasn't any water it was perfect for the boys anyway. This tree totally looks like an elephant skull.
Some of the hike was open through washes and sagebrush. 



At one point the boys started playing cops and robbers. It was really hard for Daxton to find Kelton as he dipped and ducked behind the bushes.

Kelton and Daxton climbed up everything within reach; trees, rocks and ledges.





When we came to the waterfall the water was gone. But the rope was still there to gain access to the upper levels. We had passed a hiker who was on his way down and he suggested that our boys weren't strong enough for it. Little does he know my boys. They climbed up and over that ledge with no problem.

Up at the top we rested and watched some lizards and ants crawl around.

My mom also introduced the boys to a game where you try to throw a rock and get it to stay within a small little hole on the cliff. You can bet they got behind that game!

We could've kept going but Jeremy and I needed to save our legs for the next day. We were so lucky to have my mom there to show us all the hidden spots.




No comments:
Post a Comment