It's been awhile since our kids have been able to participate in the Ironkids fun run at our races. The boys were both so excited to run their race and earn their own medals.
Ironman legends Dave Scott, Mark Allen and Mike Reilly getting these kids off to a proper start.
Daxton registered for the half mile race. I was very impressed that waited so calmly and patiently in the cute to start.
He didn't want us to run with him, but Jeremy was set up about half way through the course to cheer him on. I was so impressed by this kid. He didn't get tired or stop to walk once. In fact he looked so relaxed and comfortable that I kind of wondered if wants to do this more often!


Kelton was registered for the one mile race. He was very determined that he wanted to run the full mile. He asked that I run next to him, but as soon as he took off I knew I couldn't keep up, he was sprinting like crazy! I sent Jeremy a quick text saying that he had better be prepared when Kelton came flying by because he was really moving.

Once again I was really impressed by Kelton's performance. He ran the whole mile without stopping and cruised his way up through the pack of kids. They were pretty lucky that they were able to pass under the same finish line that the 70.3 athletes get to the next day.


They were so proud of their medals and their efforts.

A little post-race relaxation.

Awesome job boys!



No comments:
Post a Comment