After having no Mustang Mile last year, the kids were very anxious to celebrate this year. It was Daxton's first year and I could tell that the school spirit activities from the week leading up to the race had really rubbed off on him. He was very excited.
The boys had a couple of hours to kill after school and before the race started, so they pulled out their sidewalk chalk and decorated the run course with funny pictures and inspirational words like, "Keep going!"
Finally it was time to line up. The kindergartners went after the big fifth graders. Luckily Daxton had just done the Ironkids race so he knew what he was doing.

I don't even think he was breathing hard when he crossed that finish line.

Kelton was determined to sprint the whole course and came across that finish line looking strong.



The school carnival looked a little different this year...there was no school carnival. Instead the families were told to bring lawn chairs, picnic dinners and yard games and we'd just all hang out in the school field. The boys played on the playground for awhile.

Kelton played a pick up game of soccer.

I was happy that Cambrie could come with us and hang out for the night. (I should really pull out a picture of her first Mustang Mile)

The one request both boys had was that they could have some Kona Ice. I think I can make that happen.

It was such a relaxed and pleasant evening. I can't believe that this is the tenth year we've been to the Mustang Mile! I'm glad we always have such a good time.
One pic of Daxton with Thunder.


No comments:
Post a Comment