In between all of our adventuring, Taupo was our home base. We saw so many beautiful things as we drove around the country. More than once I just had to snap a picture of another stellar view.
We love walking along the beach, and this trip we included alleys in our wanderings. There is some stellar graffiti art in those alleys. We love the picnic benches scattered around the town. We ate an Indian dinner one evening without any utensils. We had a picnic lunch another afternoon as we fended off seagulls.
But probably the reason I love Taupo the most, is because of the people. We have always met the friendliest people in Taupo. Sunday was no different. We attended the Taupo ward and were greeted by ward members who immediately invited us to their home for lunch after the meetings. After sacrament meeting we had fully intended to go to RS and Priesthood, but got sidetracked in the lobby and spent the hour talking with Jocelyn, Scott, Tracy, and Ben. Even though none of us live in Taupo, I really like seeing their friendly faces every time we visit. For lunch we went to D.... house. She had an amazing spread that definitely beat the leftovers Jeremy and I were planning on having. We visited, laughed, and had a great time. We couldn't stay long, but it seemed like others needed to bail a bit early too. I'm always so grateful for those who invite us into their homes.
I hope we meet up with everyone again in November!






No comments:
Post a Comment