Tuesday, March 17, 2020

St. Patrick's Day

Amidst all of this chaos, my kids reminded me before going to bed, that they weren't going to sleep that night.  "What?  Why?"  "Potsy's coming Mom!"  Potsy is our leprechaun who comes every year to leave chaos or a scavenger hunt, and leaves gold coins scattered around the house.  I was really grateful my kids were still looking for the normal things that are going on in their lives.  Then I forgot all about Potsy and went to bed.  The next morning I was making yummy apple muffins when the kids came running downstairs looking for clues.  "We need something that makes things warm.  Maybe the oven?"  Oh no.  I had the oven preheating.  I opened the oven and sure enough there was one of Potsy's clues and a couple of very hot gold coins.  Oops!  At least nothing had burst into flames.  


The rest of the day followed our normal quarantine schedule.  We played outside (but we also got to eat shamrock cookies).  

We did school time, sports time, and for creative time we did something a little different.  The boys helped me make leprechaun bark.  Basically it's chocolate graham crackers covered with caramel, melted chocolate, and chocolate candy.  Yes, it is just as tasty as it sounds.  Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: