Saturday, February 15, 2020

V-day up at Keystone

We had one more weekend trip up to Keystone planned for this season, and as a bonus the Werners were going to join us for our final day.  The first day was cloudy and kind of cold.  The kids did well, it was just so cold!  I can't complain too much though because we had the mountain to ourselves, and Daxton was skiing well enough that we could all ski together which was awesome!  

The next day was Valentine's Day and it was a much more pleasant experience.  We had a delicious pink breakfast of strawberries and crepes up at the hotel.  The sun was shining, and it promised to be a perfect ski day. 
 


Making our way to the mountain.  Have I said before how ingenious these wagons are?



We found the Werners pretty quickly and the kids loved it.  The kids are all roughly the same level so they can just go without worrying about leaving anyone behind.  Greg and Jeremy stayed up top with the little boys for the first part of the day while Ashley and I took the rest of the kids around the mountain.  


When we met up for lunch, poor Kelton decided that he was just too exhausted to continue.  He fell asleep at the table and slept there for almost two hours.  When he woke up he was doing much better and we were able to squeeze in a few more runs together as a family.  

Daxton was comfortable enough by then that he enjoyed going on the bumps with the other kids.  The kid adventure zones were a huge hit for everyone, and I was really happy that Daxton had enough control to make it through without too much trouble.  However, teaching a kid how to ski is exhausting!  My obliques were killing me by the end of the weekend simply from hauling him up and around.  


I insisted on one family picture before we left for the day.  The view from the top of School Marm is one of my absolute favorites.  Maybe we'll be able to find a way to find more passes before the season is over, because I know the kids are not ready to be done. 

No comments: