Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Just Cambrie

Cambrie is just thriving as a tween.  I've been so impressed by the choices she's making and the friends she's choosing.  This was the second year she's participated in her school's math counts team.  Last year she just made it to the district battle.  This year she qualified to the regional battle.  (For the life of me I can't remember the name of it now).  She was so proud to be chosen and that she did well enough to qualify.  

Here's just one example of what she does with her friends when they come over...  This is the kind of photo that I'm not sure if I should share with their mothers or not.  She, Halle, and Celeste had a picnic on the roof she accesses from her window.  They spent a long time out there just enjoy the outdoors.  Later that afternoon she and Celeste walked Halle home.  Well, one thing led to another and when Jessica came by I had to tell her, "I have no idea where your daughter is.  She and Cambrie are walking around the neighborhood dressed like a witch wearing a poodle skirt and some type of ghostly figure."  Let's just add this to the list of phrases I never thought I'd say as a parent.  

Cambrie's rubber duck collection has grown quite a bit lately.  Every day while she's at school I walk by her door and see them arranged in a different way.  I guess she's been documenting most of them, but I just caught this one as a small example, they're playing poker.  But they dance, hold celebrations, go to school, and play games.  

We've also been trying to solve the problem of Cambrie's hair.  She doesn't want to brush it or learn how to do it at all.  This is becoming more of a problem the older she's getting.  Well, we decided to just cut it off because then it would be easier to manage.  It has been nothing short of a miracle!  Mandy cut it in an adorable cut and showed her how to curl it.  Cambrie has taken to it with no complaints at all.  She's able to curl it all by herself and she looks absolutely adorable.  I think it fits her personality perfectly.  

I just wanted one picture but she won't smile for the camera!   

Ella moved to Texas about two years ago.  She came up to visit some friends and while she was here all the girls got together for a party.  These girls have been friends for...well, even since each one of them moved into the ward.  We've known these girls for ten years!  

Thunder Vista has had a middle school dance on the calendar all school year.  Unfortunately they've had to cancel it twice for various reasons.  Well, Cambrie and her school friends decided that it just wouldn't do.  They held their own dance at Nadia's house.  Her mom made them all corsages, and they danced like crazy with disco lights shining.  

I wanted to get one picture before she took off, and at least she's looking at the camera!  She came home super sweaty and kept saying what a blast they had.

No comments: