I still can't decide if it was foolish or smart, but we booked tickets to the ice castles the same night we went skiing. If was thinking that the kids would be relieved to know we didn't have to drive up I-70 again. But we were pretty exhausted from our day and didn't need to stay and enjoy it long. The kids were also amused and disappointed that we ran into the Tolleys at Noodles & Co. We ate dinner together and once again, they didn't want to leave their new friends. At least the colorful lights of the ice castles were enough to distract them for awhile.
We found an ice throne, that McKenzie wants to claim as her own.
We also found plenty of slides. Cambrie found the big slide first and disappeared for awhile before we found her again. She had been waiting in line for the big one, and it was pretty cool sliding through the sharp tunnels of ice.
The other kids liked the climbing tunnels.
And the black light cave.
There were just pretty views everywhere we turned.
I think that out of all the ice castles I've been to though, this rainbow wall made for one of the best photo opportunities. It was pretty as it faded from one color to the others. We somehow managed to get it at the height of it's colored glory.
















No comments:
Post a Comment