I don't know why we haven't done this sooner. McKenzie and I went down to DU for a gymnastics meet. It was so much wilder than I expected! The stands were completely packed. The fans were cheering. Music was blaring. And the gymnasts received celebrity introductions before the meet started. McKenzie was in awe of the whole experience. There were four teams competing that night, which meant that there was almost too much to watch. We followed the DU girls and cheered when they stuck their routines. They are really good. A gentleman I was sitting next to said that they are nationally ranked in the top 15. It wasn't even a contest between the Pioneers and the other schools. We completely dominated. I could not wipe the smile off of McKenzie's face. She kept telling me how she wanted that to be her when she grew up. After the awards ceremony, they invited all the kids down on the floor to do a couple dance routines. McKenzie ran down to be a part of the fun. She commented how the floor felt amazing and really springy.
We picked up a schedule so that we know when to go again, because it was definitely worth going to.


No comments:
Post a Comment