Instead of pulling out the fake Christmas tree this year we decided to go find something a little fresher. Being early in the season I hadn't seen a lot of local tree lots around so we just picked the first one we found. It wasn't large, but that didn't stop the girls from running around and having a great time. In fact, had it been any bigger I don't know if we could have settled on a tree.
As soon as we found the perfect tree we realized we left our checkbook at home. I hopped in the car (with a sleeping Kelton) and intended to hurry home while they prepped the tree to go home. If only it was that simple. On the four-minute drive home Kelton threw up all over himself and his carseat. I couldn't very well leave him in his mess so when we got home I put him in the tub, even though I left his carseat for later. He was sleepy, sick, and uncooperative so it took awhile for me to get him back in the car. When I made it back to the tree lot they all teased me about abandoning them. McKenzie had forgotten her jacket so Jeremy had given her his, and he was huddled around the barrel fire that was burning.




No comments:
Post a Comment