This year I wasn't sure exactly how Breakfast with Santa was going to work out. I know that the kids love going, and I love that they get to sit on Santa's lap and be with their cousins. However, I was also going to be 37 pregnant and didn't think I'd be able to sit through the drive or board an airplane. I sent the kids with Jeremy and had intended to have a quiet weekend at home. Those plans changed though as soon as I realized that I like seeing Santa Claus too! I hopped aboard an airplane and surprised everyone by showing up the night before. It was definitely worth seeing the look on everyone's faces when they saw me, especially my kids.
Santa came ready to tell stories and listen to all the kids' Christmas wishes. My girls are still entranced by Santa and Kelton is still trying to figure out who the big guy is. 
Santa chose Sammy and Chase to be his elves this year to help pass out candy canes. As he was explaining what it took to be a permanent elf up in the North Pole, Chase just couldn't handle it. Santa had said that the elves live with him all the time while some of their mommies stay home. Poor Chase thought that he would never see Jen again and completely lost it. It took the rest of the day for his smile to return, poor guy!
When it came time for the boys to sit on Santa's lap, none of them wanted anything to do with him. You can tell how much they really cared...maybe we'll get smiles next year!
Kelton wouldn't even look at me, much less smile.
McKenzie and Cambrie on the other hand were super happy to tell Santa what was on their wish list. McKenzie asked for Legos and a hula hoop. Cambrie asked for a globe, microscope or telescope.
Candid pictures waiting for everyone to sit on Santa's lap.
It was a hard year this year for Louesa to sit on Santa's lap because it was the first year she was sitting there without Leonard. There wasn't a dry eye in the house, Santa's included.
We still managed to get a couple decent family pictures before Santa had to head back to the North Pole to finish prepping for Christmas Eve.
After he left it was time for the cousin gift exchange. Kelton received a fun talking toy and began his obsession with opening presents.
McKenzie received an elf Lego set she was hoping for.
And Cambrie opened a perfect green lava lamp.
I love seeing all the cousins just as excited to give the gifts as they are to open their own.
After presents it was time for more family pictures. Here is the picture of all the third and fourth generation with Grandma Great.
And this year the boys pulled out the ugly sweaters. Their faces in this pic remind me of some crazy mob shot so I just had to tint it. It was a great and festive morning!

No comments:
Post a Comment