McKenzie was determined to learn how to ski and did a great job listening to anyone who would teach her.
Kelton hung out with all of us as we passed him around, up and down the little hill.
While the kids ate some lunch with Grandma, Ryan, Camille, Jeremy and I took a couple adult runs. Christmas break hadn't started for the local kids yet, and it had been snowing all day so the snow was actually fabulous. We found some untouched powder runs between the trees and I was in heaven. I may only get to go skiing a couple times a year now because of the craziness of having little kids, but those runs totally make it worth it. The rest of the day we traded off on Kelton duty, kid duty, and fun runs by ourselves. Before we knew it, it was 3:00 and our ski day was coming to an end. I wanted to take one last family picture, but that required all of us to hit the bottom of the lift at the same time. My mom and I took all three kids to the magic carpet to wait for Jeremy, and when he didn't show after about ten minutes, we decided to wait for him on Little Beav. I watched other parents with babies in backpacks skiing down the hill, and I crossed my fingers that they would let me take Kelton up without a backpack. He sat on the lift, held still most of the time, and then I held him as we skied down with the girls. I was really happy that this little resort understands families with little kids.
We had so much fun that day. I couldn't believe that the girls didn't complain about their ski clothes once, complain that they were cold, or complain that they were too tired. Jeremy and I drove away in disbelief that the day had gone so smoothly. It made me want to take them skiing again next week and as many times as they want!

No comments:
Post a Comment