Thursday, July 31, 2014

Girls vs. Boy

Poor Kelton has two big sisters.  That means that no matter how hard I try, or how much I try telling them that he is a boy, he will inevitably end up with make-up on his face at least once or twice in his young life.  This was the scene after I sent them upstairs to get ready for bed.  McKenzie was applying mascara to his eyes, but he tried dodging it and just ended up with a messy face.  The girls are feeling pretty proud of themselves.  Poor, poor Kelton.

So in order to fight the girliness in the house, he is on a mission to be as boyish as possible.  He makes messes just because he can.  

And he crushes big crickets with his bare hands.  Jeremy was particularly proud as he watched Kelton chase down a cricket on our front porch, squeeze it, throw it, then pick it up and throw it again.  

Luckily for everyone, there are some games they can play together which are both girl and boy-friendly, like building forts in the living room.

No comments: