(just a few of us before the race)
It was perfect weather and just a fun, simple atmosphere. I was a little nervous about what my legs were going to tell me on this race, since it's fast...just longer than a 5K. It reminded me a lot of the 200 freestyle. You're expected to go as fast as your 100 freestyle, just for twice as long. Everyone warned me about the hills, but I have to say that they weren't as bad as I was anticipating. It may have been the awesome music on my iPod, or the live bands or belly dancers on the course, or the fact that my legs were holding strong, but they were very manageable. I didn't have to walk! That may seem silly, but it was an encouraging change from my last two races.
(lens cap had been on, so this is a parting shot)
I admit that I was tired and when I ran into the stadium to take that victory lap to the finish line and I didn't kick it in as much as I probably could have. But I was still pretty happy with my first attempt at this race. Final time was 46:46, approximately a 7:33 pace. I can go faster :)
The best part about the race were my teammates. I love being on a team and accomplishing this together. What inspring people!
I can't forget the other most encouraging people who were there cheering me on, my family. Thanks for the support!


No comments:
Post a Comment