Thursday, May 31, 2012

27

27.  Yup, that's me.  I had my birthday this week and I am 27 years old.  Hmmm...  I guess that sounds about right.  My birthday celebrations were spread out over a couple of days, which was all right with me because then it was like my birthday never ended. 

Day 1:  Jeremy made me a delicious breakfast then took the girls to the pool while I relaxed.  After they had been gone about an hour I realized that I wanted to relax by the pool so I went and joined them.  While I was there-relaxing-I was able to take some of the first pool pictures of the season.  

McKenzie is in love with Mr. Turtle. 

Cambrie is becoming very brave in the water and is determined to learn to swim this year.  She and Greer had a great time in the pool that morning. 

Kenzie cooled off and wanted to sit bundled up by me...she was ready for a nap :)

But Cambrie did not want to get out.  It's a good thing we will have ready-access to the pool this year. 

Day 2: The girls and I went to the zoo.  It was a quiet day, not too hot, and the girls were really well behaved.  I thought it was the perfect birthday present.  Don't worry, McKenzie's hand was not eaten by the lion skull. 

My girls by the seals. 

Smiling next to the fun flamingos. 

And what they had been hoping for all day long, a train ride.  We really had a good time. 

That night I had to run to YW, but while I was gone my family surprised me (by still being awake) and with the decorations they made while I was gone.  The girls colored a banner for me and hung streamers from the ceiling.  According to Jeremy it was quite a chore to get the girls to let go of the streamers long enough to hang them up.  We ate a delicious lemon-strawberry cake created by Jeremy.  I realize the candles say "14" but we had to get creative at 9:00 at night.  We decided 14 would work because I help with the Mia Maids...and they make me feel like I'm 14 sometimes!

And then I opened my presents.  Cambrie made me a book of everything I do for her: buying and making food, playing with her, and sewing projects for her.  I loved it.  Jeremy got me a new backpack!  I was really excited about this because the one I have been using for the last ten years was a freebie from my Moscow summer games trip as a swimmer.  It has been well loved but it's probably time I upgraded.  I thought it was a great couple days of celebration.

No comments: