As of tomorrow, this is home!
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Lots of signatures later...
We closed on our house this morning! We are now officially home owners (even though we don't get the keys until tomorrow). We met at the house for a final walk-through, then went down to the title office to sign our lives and savings away. When we sat down at the table I actually started laughing out loud. We were sitting at a table with our realtor, loan officer, closing agent, the sellers, and the sellers' agent, and I felt really young and out of place. In what kind of world do kids like us actually buy houses? I took a drink from my water bottle to stop the laughing then settled down to business. Like everyone had warned us, we spent the next hour and a half reading documents, signing documents, discussing documents, and re-reading documents. The answer to everyone one of them should have been, "Yes, I am honest," and that would have saved us a lot of hassle. But the short version of the story is this picture:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Welcome to the block from your next door neighbors (The Zedecks). Please feel free to knock on our door. We are a very friendly bunch and look forward to getting to know you and your family. Our block is very diverse and we look out for each other over here so if there is anything you need to help make your transition into your new home easier please feel free to let us know.
Super cute house, ma'am! I'm excited to come visit.
Congrats!!! Very exciting!
Congratulations!
Your house is adorable! I love it! Glad everything went so smoothly for you. I hope you get settled quickly and can't wait to see more pictures! :) P.S. So sad about McKenzie, but she looks adorable in her little sling. :)
That is so exciting!!! LOVE the house, it is way cute!! I think I'll laugh too when that day comes for us....LOL
CONGRATS!! Your hard earned money is FINALLY not going to a slum-lord.:) Wish we could join the club!
SO exciting!! Enjoy :)
Yay! So happy for you guys. It looks really cute!
Post a Comment