Friday, May 6, 2011

Super-size it!

For our entire marriage, Jeremy and I have been sleeping on a double-size mattress.  He had bought it just before he met me, so it was brand new and we decided to make do.  Yes it was slightly cramped, but not unbearably so...unless I was pregnant and then there was definitely not enough room for all three of us.  Well, Jeremy has started to complain about neck pain that he blames on the mattress and not having enough room.  So last week we did what I didn't think we'd do until we actually owned a home with a bedroom we'd be in for awhile...we bought a mattress.  A king-size memory foam mattress.  It was delivered just a few days ago and Jeremy has been in heaven ever since.  It is incredibly comfortable.  But more than that, Jeremy actually wakes up cheerful because he's well rested.  I feel bad because I didn't know it was that big of a problem.  So now we have a very massive bed and Jeremy seems so far away on the other side.  "Helloooo over there!" 
When it was delivered, it was all rolled up like a tortilla and our instructions were to walk on it to help it release into its full form.  Our girls happily complied.   Who can say no to jumping on mom and dad's bed? 

Even McKenzie thought it was quite comfortable.  Because of the memory foam, she actually couldn't get up from this.  It was pretty entertaining to watch.

3 comments:

Eric and Caralee said...

King size is the BEST! You'll never go back :)

Ashley said...

Yeah, you'll NEVER go back! That actually is probably a pretty safe bed to jump on, considering you can't get much of an actual bounce..good thinking!

jor johnson said...

How fun! And I'm glad you BOTH like it! :) It took us 3 tries before we found one we both liked.