My Mother's Day was fantastic this year. While I was still lying in bed, Cambrie walked into my room and said, "Mom, you need to stay in bed while I make you breakfast. Okay?" Man, what a way to start my morning! So she and Jeremy went downstairs to start cooking, while I stayed in bed and read a book. Ahh, can you say relaxation? For breakfast Jeremy made delicious buttermilk pancakes topped with strawberries, bananas and whipped cream. I ate my entire double-sized triple stack. What can I say? I'm a sucker for good pancakes. Cambrie hadn't quite finished her breakfast before she started jumping up and down asking if it was time to give me my Mother's Day presents. She has been waiting for three days, and miraculously didn't spill the beans on what she and Jeremy and bought, although she did tell me she had hidden the sack in her tent, so I couldn't play there. Cambrie was so excited to give me my gift because she had picked it out herself. I opened the sack and saw a beautiful necklace holder. I could definitely tell that Cambrie had picked it out, because it looks a bit like an umbrella. I was very excited for this gift because my necklaces have been stored on my dresser in a P.F. Chang's take-out container. I think this looks a little better, and I don't have to untangle my necklaces whenever I want to put them on now.
Before...
And after...
Next Cambrie got the gift from Jeremy. As she was handing it to me she said, "My present is the prettiest. Not daddy's." I was curious, then saw why she was biased, it was a hat. I've been getting into hats lately since it's such an easy way to hide my lazy hair days. And this hat is great, Jeremy did a really nice job picking it out. I was feeling very satisfied with my morning when Jeremy told me that he had one more present. His disclaimer was that this was a practical gift, and doesn't really count for my main Mother's Day present since it's for the kitchen. He got me a cupcake travel Tupperware container. I've been needed one for a long time and I was impressed that Jeremy remembered. Yahoo! Now I need to make cupcakes!
After the morning celebrations were over, we all got ready for church and to take Jeremy to the airport. He is away for the next three days on a Comfort Dental golf trip, being totally spoiled and playing a lot of golf. The girls and I got back part-way through Sacrament Meeting. We had just returned from changing McKenzie's diaper when I saw all of the Primary kids walking up to the stage. How could I forget?! I've been looking forward to having Cambrie sing up there for years and we totally almost missed it. Cambrie didn't know why I told her to walk up front, but she did anyway and even found a space to stand where I could see her. They then started singing, "Mother, I love you." She knew most of the words and did such a great job. I was so happy to see her singing up there. She got lost on the way back down and one of her friend's dad brought her back to me. She climbed up onto my lap and said, "Mom, that was my first time ever singing up there!" I told her how proud I was of her and what a great job she did singing. Then she gave me a big hug and said, "I love you Mom." Aw, it totally melted my heart. The girls were angels during the rest of church and I couldn't have been happier. It was a fantastic Mother's Day.
1 comment:
What a special day! I love that Cambrie picked out the necklace holder for you and that she told you it is much prettier than dad's gift :) too cute! I've seen those cupcake holders and thought it'd be soo handy to have! And I'm glad you made it just in time for Cambrie to sing with the primary. I still remember the first time each of my boys sang up there!
Post a Comment