Cambrie has recently told me that she wants to be an artist when she grows up. I think that's fantastic. When I told her that her great-grandpa was an artist, she got really excited and wanted to see what kind of pictures he painted. It sounds like we need to stop in Ogden on our next trip out to Utah.
These are some of her more recent pictures that I thought were worth mentioning. The first four are from Conference weekend. I realize it was more than a month ago, but they're here not so don't complain :) To keep her listening during all of the talks, we had her listen for a word that she wanted to draw a picture about. Then we told her we would make a book out of all her pictures. She has also been practicing writing words. Most of them are just a jumble of letters, but for her Conference book she wanted us to help her spell the words. And she did a great job.
The Temple
The next picture was from a couple of weeks ago. It's Ariel, the Little Mermaid. I thought the fin interpretation was great!
And finally, the picture that has made me smile the most lately is this one....can you guess what it is? If you guessed a T-Rex, then you're right!
3 comments:
A dinosaur! I knew we had some small influence over your child.
I'm so excited she wants to be an artist! There really isn't much better than creating a work of art that you can be proud of. I hope this little artistic streak stays with her for a very long time.
These little kids drawings are my FAVORITE!!!!
Post a Comment