Monday, May 9, 2011

The day after Mother's Day...

Things you don't want to hear after your perfect Mother's Day:

C: "Mom, I made a lake in the basement." 
Me: "What?  How?"
C: "I used all of my buckets.  Then I splashed in the puddles like this."

C: "Mom, this is bad, this is really, really bad.  Kenzie colored on the walls." 
Me: "Yes, this is bad.  We can't leave any pencils where McKenzie can reach them okay?"
C: "Okay.  Because if we do, she'll destroy things."

C: "Don't worry Mom, I cleaned up the drawings."
Me: I go check to see and find a pile of ten soaking wet dish clothes on the floor. "Ah, you did huh?
C: "Yes, but I need more wet rags."

C: "Mom, don't I look beautiful with your make-up on?"
Me: I see lipstick all over her lips, blush on her cheeks, and eye shadow on her eyes.  "Yes....you do...."
C: "Can you put the mascara on for me?"

C: "Mom, I gave Kenzie a shower with the hose."
Me: I walk outside and definitely find a freezing, wet, crying McKenzie.

C: "Mom!  There's a scary bug on the stairs!  I think it's a spider.  You have to kill it!"
(Note: I am not the spider killer in our house, that's Jeremy's job.  They totally creep me out.)
Me: "Okay, let's go take a look."  We both nervously walk over to the stairs.  "Oh, don't worry Cambrie, it's just a fly.  Do you want to zap it with Dad's bug zapper?"
C: "Yeah!"  I zap it.  "Zap it again!"

1 comment:

Ashley said...

WOW that is a very eventful day after Mother's Day!