Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Zoo Lights

Since we weren't able to see the Hogle Zoo Lights in Utah this year, we jumped at the chance to go with some friends to the Denver Zoo and see some lights.  The first thing we noticed was how WARM it was!  Normally we are bundled up in all of our snow gear and are frozen icicles by the end.  This year we were in light jackets...at that was it.  It made it so much more enjoyable.  Upon entering the zoo we saw an arch that looked like it was set up for Christmas cards. 

The lights on the trees were really pretty.  They were strung so far apart that they just looked like they were floating individually.  I wish my camera did it justice!  There were also some other lights that looked like snowflakes falling. 

We hadn't been there very long before our groups spotted the carousel.  Of course all the little kiddies hopped on for some fun.  Cambrie and I got to ride the Kung Fu Pandas. 

We didn't buy a ticket for McKenzie (I doubt she would have stayed on the ride), and she just looked longingly at the spinning animals and danced to the music. 

After I had finished hunting for a dropped pacifier, I turned around and saw Jeremy and Cambrie making silly faces at each other on a bench.  I love it. 

Cambrie wanted to see who was taller, her or the bears.  It looks like the bear has his arm around her.  Best buds already (or is he looking for honey in her ear?)

A decked out elephant. 

And our attempt at a family picture.  We weren't very well centered but behind us there is a whole field of lit animals. 

Some tranquil blue lights. 

And a big gorilla!  Do we look fierce next to him?  We're trying. 

And as we were leaving I was able to get one more shot of smiling girls.

No comments: