Thursday, July 29, 2010

Swimming lesson graduate

Cambrie just completed her first preschool swimming lesson class! 
Even though I am a swimming lesson teacher, I wanted Cambrie to experience a class without me.  I thought it would be a lot more enjoyable for both of us.  After a rough start, Cambrie loved going.  It was very strange watching the class from a parent perspective instead of as an instructor.  I found myself evaluating the teacher as a supervisor and had a very critical eye as to exactly how she was teaching Cambrie.  It took about three or four lessons before I could enjoy watching just to watch.  Cambrie was very obedient and did everything her teacher wanted her to even though Cambrie wore a frown (or at least a very passive face) most of the time.  Her weak points were putting her face in the water and jumping off the edge.  I was so proud of her when during the last lesson she actually put her face in the water on her front float.  Yippee! 

She did great with her back floats. 
She loved playing Red Light, Green Light. 
And she got up the courage to leap onto the stairs,
and to jump off the edge! 
She was so proud of herself. 

No comments: