Being a mom means taking 45 minutes to eat dinner because you're trying to slice your children's food, blow on the hot stuff, clean up spills, wipe up spit-ups, pour more drink, keep your plate out of your baby's reach, and eat left-handed because you're holding your baby with your right hand.
Being a mom means eating your dinner cold.
Being a mom means having floaties in your drinks from sharing with your toddler.
Being a mom means bribing your children with cartoons just so you can get a shower.
Being a mom means bribing your children with cartoons and candy so you can shower alone.
Being a mom means smelling like spit-up instead of perfume.
Being a mom means a Sunday drive involves handing toys and snacks behind your seat while keeping your eyes on the road, constantly answering the question, "Why?" giving your baby empty water bottles for her to suck on because she won't take a pacifier, listening to complaints about uncomfortable car seats, and trying not to lose your mind because of all the whining and crying.
Being a mom means offering your chin to be sucked on during church in lieu of a pacifier.
Being a mom means having jewelry that can substitute for chew toys.
Being a mom means waking up four times a night to suck out snotty noses.
Being a mom means coming up with an acceptable answer for, "Why is part of the moon missing?"
Being a mom means listening to crazy statements like, "Mom, McKenzie's brain is chewing on your water bottle."
Being a mom means asking questions such as, "Can my baby digest a leaf?"
Being a mom means convincing your child that dinner is delicious, even if it involves lying, offering dip, offering food off your plate, using funny utensils, or frog hopping spoonfuls into a three-year-old's mouth.
Being a mom means facing the criticism of strangers as your daughter walks around in the same play dress, cow girl boots, and Rapunzel braids for the fifth day in a row.
Being a mom means getting your daughter dressed while she's sleeping at night so you don't have to listen to her complain about it the next morning.
Being a mom means learning to let go of control once your toddler realizes it's all she wants.
Being a mom means putting your daughter in time-out three times before breakfast.
Being a mom means apologizing to strangers as your daughter pinches their child...even if you didn't even know she knew how to pinch.
Being a mom means allowing tape to be put all over your arm just because.
Being a mom means cheering for poop in the toilet.
Being a mom means coming up with silly faces at all times of day to keep the tears away.
Being a mom means crawling on the store floor to find pennies for you daughter's piggy bank.
Being a mom means getting "lubs and kisses" before you walk out the door.
Being a mom means feeling warm inside when your children give you a genuine smile.
Being a mom means cuddling with new babies.
Being a mom means being proud of your toddler because she drew a smiley face that actually looks like a smiley face.
Being a mom means scaring away nightmares of hair-eating ants out of bed so your daughter's hair won't turn white as they eat away the brown.
Being a mom means a deep sigh of relief when both kids are safely and soundly asleep in bed.
Being a mom means loving your kids more than you knew you were capable of, and trying not to forget it.
Being a mom is hard....I'll let you know if it's worth it later.
11 comments:
Awesome!
I love it and I echo it loud and clear. You are an awesome Mom and I am so blessed to know you and your family♥
This is awesome! You are such an amazing mom! I miss you and your little ones!
That is cute! I love the one about the brain sucking the water bottle.
Im far from being a mom but all I know is how you can ache for wanting to be a mom and wife. It may be way way crazy while your in the middle of being a mom but trust me its got to be worth it. Just remember what life was like with out all the love of a husband and kids.
Yep, yep, and yep. I can especially relate to the ones about meal time. How I long for the days when I could sit down to eat a meal without interruption! :) It's a good thing those kids are so worth it.
so cute! and so true.
So, being where I am in my pregnancy...this post made me teary. (But like I told the Primary...I cry a lot!) It's all so true, and so hard, yet so worth it!
making me laugh and cry in one post. i love the "sucking on your chin" one! you're precious, as well as your family. keep being an awesome mom!
Oh Annette that made me miss you! Your girls are so lucky to have you!
Wow. I need a copy of this. Such a good list!!
Post a Comment