I have never been a party thrower. I consider myself a party goer. So when my cousin Jenny called and said that all of the girl cousins were getting together for the day, I jumped right in. My cousin, Michelle, her husband and children live in Detroit. Needless to say I haven't seen them for a very long time. While the boys were playing with their grandpa, the girls, Savanna and Claire, came to the park to play with us. Brianna brought her daughter, Jocelyn. Jenny came with Bethany. Jamie brought Tate (the only little guy there). And then we had Grandma Great. It was quite the party. The girls played at Willow Park that has these great big trees that are wonderful for make-believe. In this castle there were two Sleeping Beauties who pricked their fingers on a spinning wheel, can you see who the dramatic ones are?
Jocelyn and McKenzie weren't able to run and play hung with the bigger girls, so they hung out on picnic blankets playing with plastic cups. Apparently they are the coolest thing ever!
After the park we headed to the zoo to feed the ducks, then cooled off at the Aquatic Center.
Cambrie splished and splashed in the wading pool and showed me some of her new skills she's acquired at swimming lessons.
We stripped down McKenzie to join us in the water but she was perfectly content keeping Grandma Great company in the shade.
No comments:
Post a Comment