Monday, January 25, 2010

Interviews

This weekend Jeremy went out to Colorado for some interviews....yikes. Is it really time for that? Really? I can't believe that it is finally our turn to be "The 4th Years." To hear the question, "So what are you guys doing in May?" And to answer, "I have no idea." Since we've lived here I have asked that question to so many other 4th years, never dreaming that our turn would come so soon. We have had such a great time here. With all of its flaws, I have really enjoyed living here in Philadelphia. We have made some spectacular friends, done so many things, and have had some amazing experiences. So when I think about where we'll be going next...and there's nothing there but a great big question mark it's scary. We are currently in limbo, waiting to hear back from the handful of dentists Jeremy has talked to. We may be in Utah, we may be in Colorado, or we may be somewhere else entirely. I don't like living in limbo. At this point there is nothing I can do but wait. Waiting is going to seem like forever, but I know it will just fly by and then suddenly we have to make decisions. We have to be adults. I'm not ready to be an adult (student life doesn't really seem to count). I know that there are 14 other families here in Philadelphia with us who are in the same situation, getting ready to move on to the next stage. I sure hope that you guys are as excited and terrified about all of this as I am. Oh man, what a crazy five months we have ahead of us.

7 comments:

Wehoos said...

Coming from the wise old owl that I am (ha), live it up in Philly, the East, & w/ all your awesome friends while you still can because it will never be the same. :)

This is soo belated, but CONGRATULATIONS on McKenzie!!! She is beautiful! I love the dimple, and how excited Cambrie is. Keep up the awesome updates. I'm terrible at commenting but enjoy your posts.

Take care and good luck w/ the interviews & decisions ahead!

Kate said...

Don't you hate this state of limbo? I thought we were done with it after working this summer, but it appears we are in it again, for 1 more year.
I like the student life, less life changing decisions have to be made.
Good luck with the interviews! When do you hear back?

Angela said...

Ha ha, I could totally copy this post. :) We're still trying to make a decision between offers too. It's just strange realizing that after 8 years we actually get to choose this time. It's exciting but also a little scary!

Eric and Caralee said...

Good luck! I hope you find out soon. I know exactly how you feel!

aubrie said...

Limbo is the worst, that's for sure. Good luck with your big decisions. I can't wait to hear where you guys are going to end up! And until then...keep enjoying Philly while you're still there!

Whittney Clark said...

Good luck!! Un-answered questions are never fun. It's always nice to know it's all in the Lord's hands.

Excited to see where you guys end up!

MaryAnn said...

I'm glad you posted about this. I've been wondering. Anyway, good luck!!! I'm sure you'll end up exactly where you're supposed to be. :)