Thursday, January 22, 2009
No nap? No way!!
Cambrie is 18-months-old. Isn't that a little early to be dropping her one and only nap of the day?! Agh! This entire week she has been refusing to go down for a nap. I try at our normal nap time of 1:00. 45 minutes later she's still playing and talking to herself, so I get her up. My thought is that obviously she's not going to sleep, so let's play to tire her out and then we'll try again. 2:30, I try again. She won't sleep. 3:30, I try again. She won't sleep. 4:30, I try again. She won't sleep. "Oh wait? You say it's 6:00? All right, just a quick snooze." Just in time for 8:30 bedtime! Can you tell it's been a long day? Any tips? She used to be like clockwork and would actually ask to go "nigh, nigh." What happened?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I've found that some kids just give up naps earlier than others- Caleb stopped taking naps at 18 months. It was more of a hassle to get him to take a nap than it was worth to get 1 hour of free time.
Hopefully Cambrie isn't giving hers up yet! Just keep trying, even if she only gets one every other day.
So sorry about the nap, it is nice to have a little "me" time but I don't get my two down at the same time very often so I feel your pain.
geez sounds like you ahve your hands full. Can't wit for those days..HA I can't believe how big she is getting. it's crazy to see how big she is compared to Brooklyn as a new born. I don't want my baby to grow up.
Post a Comment