Thursday, May 15, 2008

Schuylkill River Regatta


Every time I drive down Kelly Drive I think that I need to stop and walk along the river. Isn't it beautiful? Well, last Saturday I got my chance. Philadelphia hosts the annual Dad Vail Regatta on the Schuylkill River. More than one hundred colleges and universities participate in this rowing competition. None of us know anything about rowing, but we thought that the experience would be fun, so we packed up the stroller and off we went.

Lunch was chicken fingers and cold french fries eaten on the river bank. Cambrie quickly discovered that it was more fun to throw the cold french fries to the geese than to eat them. She'd pick up a french fry in her chubby little fingers and watch it fall. We have no idea who won the Dad Vail championship, but we had a good time on the riverbank.

1 comment:

Bryt, Liz (Ed), and Ellie Christensen said...

Way Cute Net! Don't you love when we can talk our husbands into doing something with us and our child? Wait until Cambrie turns 2, your hubby won't want to go any more. j/k. Phily looks fun, utah misses ya here though. We are planting our garden this weekend, it is supposebly supposed to be 80 degrees.