Thursday, May 29, 2008

Camping-yippee!

Last weekend Jeremy and I decided to continue a Johnson family tradition and go camping over Memorial Day weekend. We ended up at a campground called French Creek that was completely full, but that's okay because we still had our fire pit and it was still camping. This was Cambrie's first time camping and we weren't sure how she would do. Let's just say she came home completely covered in dirt from head to toe. Lately she has had an obsession with being outside, so when we set her down on the ground and let her play she was thrilled. Her favorite games were plucking the heads off of the dandelions in our campsite, sucking on a plastic fork, and squishing the plentiful caterpillars who crawled too close. She slept covered in blankets between Jeremy and I, and slept wonderfully. We couldn't have asked for a better weekend.

What a hottie!
Hello little inchworm...
Almost got it
One dandelion down, ??? to go

3 comments:

Kendra Owens said...

I love the pictures. It looks like you had a lot of fun.

sara cardon said...

Yea for camping!! Jonathan is just itching to go-- we'll have to get the details on the camp site since so many of them around here are really just glorified KOAs. Now that's not camping!! The fact that you had a fire pit is very promising though (I just bought smore materials b/c they "looked good"). Fun!! :)

Nycole said...

Cambrie is so growing up so big, I can't believe she thinks she wants to walk already! She's so cute. I also wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! (sorry it's late)