Tuesday, October 7, 2025

Proof of life at Purdue

It is so weird not seeing Cambrie regularly. I try not to text or call her enough to annoy her, but some information about her life would be nice! Every now and then I'll get a surprise call from her and get to hear her talk about her new friends and what they're all up to. And even though she's not really into social media, she'll occasionally repost a friend's post that happens to include her. When I see those posts I immediately screenshot them because getting pictures from her is nearly impossible. That girl doesn't like pictures at all. 

But from what I can gather here's how life is going: She is loving playing on the women's rugby team. It has given her a core group of friends, and a potential new best friend on campus, Shannon. They have practice five days a week, and are in the middle of their 15's season so they're also playing weekly. She's been able to play in two games and is improving really quickly. 




Another core group of friends are her physics friends, Gwena, Jack and Avery. They study together, hang out, and apparently dye each other's hair just for fun! 

I know McKenzie is getting more details than I am about Cambrie's life because they text all the time. I'm just grateful for these little glimpses into life and can see that she is enjoying herself. 

No comments: