Friday, October 31, 2025

Halloween

Halloween was weird this year. All of the kids had their own things going on so my job was just to sit back and watch them have fun. The boys were available to go to the trunk or treat with me at the church. That's always a hoot as the kids can just go around and around the parking lot gathering unreal amounts of candy. They participated in the costume parade and are absolutely loving their inflatable costumes. It means I don't have to sew anything anymore, which is a little bit sad for me. But they look great and I'm glad they're happy. 



Daxton was also able to go to the school trunk or treat. Even though I know his friends really well, I didn't recognize more than half of them in their costumes. Some of them had such intricate get-ups that I was impressed. Here he is with some of his guacamole gang. Pretty fitting that Elle was able to find an avocado costume.

We miraculously found time to carve pumpkins together. McKenzie invited Lily over and she joined in the fun. I found some awesome fangs while we were shopping for Daxton's costume, and I have to say that they may be my new favorite pumpkin build. They even glow in the dark which is great. 


I was asked to sub on Halloween, and I realized the night before that I needed a costume too! I dug through the stash and was able to find my Princess Leia costume. 

On the actual night of Halloween, McKenzie and I were at the gym. Some genius at the school district decided that Halloween night was the perfect night to do regional championships for high school gymnastics. So I watched a lot of gymnastics while the boys went trick-or-treating with the friends They went to Garrett and Elle's house for dinner, then they cruised the neighborhood together. By the time I got home they still weren't home. They stayed out late! I could not believe the amount of candy they came home with. I bought half of it off of them and they still have too much! But they were pretty proud of their work.

McKenzie didn't get to go trick-or-treating because of the gymnastics meet, but she did go hang out with Lily for an hour or so. And it sounds like Cambrie and her friends had a great night. They all dressed up as planets in the solar system. Cambrie got to go with Saturn and found a great golden dress and figured out something with the rings. So even though we ended up celebrating separately this year, we still had a lot of fun.

No comments: