Tuesday, April 1, 2025

La Jolla

The kids were so excited to spend their time in California at the beach.  I think they were all just craving sunshine.  Our flight landed early enough that we had some time to kill before checking into our condo.  Since La Jolla was on route, we stopped there first.  I've never been there, but have heard that the tide pools are pretty cool to explore.  We arrived close to low tide so there was plenty to explore.  
 



I particularly liked the anemones that clung to the walls of each pool.  As the water would rise and fall they would open and close.  When closed up tight they looked like simple rock clusters, but that was their nice protective layer they'd worked on.  










Once the tidal pools lost their appeal, the boys started tempting fate by running across low areas between the waves.  Sometimes they got lucky and cleared out in time, sometimes they didn't.  Pretty quickly the boys were soaked.  It was a rough introduction that California beaches in the spring are not necessarily warm. They were pretty chilled before we left.  While this might not have been the kind of beach the kids were expecting, I like mixing it up and it was great.





 

No comments: